Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Sunday 21 July 2013

Tulasi Chocolate




Part of the Tulasi Re-review Weekend. OK, this is not a great incense, but it does hold some attractions and interest for me. I like the idea of a chocolate incense. OK, it's not a good chocolate scent, but I like the idea. The scent is dark and sombre, like a dark chocolate tends to be, but is more inclined in scent toward coconut and vanilla with dark roasted coffee, all wrapped in a musky tone. I quite like it.  I'd be interested in burning this again, and certainly it's one I want to keep in my collection.

Date: June 2018   Score: 33




Charcoal paste hand-rolled onto variable sized dyed red sticks and then perfumed dipped. These budget priced sticks by Sarathi International Inc of Bangalore are quite pleasant. The aroma on the stick is flowery soap and pine. When burned the aroma is inclined toward the chemical, but on the whole is pleasantly warm with coconut notes and a base feel of musk. High notes of candy sugar drift in, mixed with burning herbs. At times the sum of the parts does incline toward chocolate, and when I first reviewed these sticks I preferred them to the Krishan Dark Chocolate - but over time the Krisham sticks have won me over.

1 comment:

  1. I just noticed that my lead picture is of Tulasi Tangerine, not Tulasi Chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: