Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Sage Spirit Medicine Wheel Nature Spirits Cedar



I still like this incense, though often when I return to it I like it a little less than the time before. And then, occasionally, I like it a little more. I think the fragrance is good, but my problem is that it is too faint, and can be dominated by the core burning material. I would be interested in exploring more of the Sage Spirit range.

Date: March 2017   Score; 30



Hot and woody. Not as subtle and attractive as the Blue Corn Flower which is part of the same Nature Spirits series by Sage Spirit.  It is very nice, it has warm sandalwood with oily and and fresh spicy pine notes from the cedar. The aroma is natural and awakening, yet sensual at the same time. Initially I wasn't sure, feeling that the main aroma was similar to the base aroma of cheap incense, where all you smell is the burning sandalwood paste, or the Nepal incense where it's simply burnt herbs and sandalwood, but this is different. This is somewhat better. It is a warm, evocative, sensual, and spicy scent - clean and fresh. Like the Blue Corn Flower, the scent is subtle, and so the good points can be missed. But this is quality. I like it.  £2.64 for a pack of 11 from holisticshop.co.uk

Date: March 2015   Score: 36

***

Sage Spirit



Incense Around the World

Top Ten Perfume-Dipped
Incense Sticks

A cedarwood sampling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: