Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Thursday 10 March 2016

Goloka Nature's Meditation




I haven't blogged on incense for a while, partly because I've been burning a fair amount of unexciting incense recently. But today I picked up Nature's Meditation to perk up the house and my spirits as I did some housework (in our house I am the house parent, and my partner is the one who goes out to work). Now, I love Goloka, and there's a reason for that. They are a non-profit charity who support poor women and children in India, so I know that my money is going to a good cause when I buy their products. But mainly it's because they do some awesome incense. As soon as I took the sticks out of the box I couldn't help myself, the scent captured me and made me sit down. It's a gorgeous blend of apples, mint, candy-floss and roses. Fresh, exciting, and yet beautifully flowery. My daughter loves it as well! So I had to blog it!

There's so much going on here, and it all balances and blends creating a unique scent. On burning there's a hint of a backbone of halmaddi, but that is used to underscore the main scents rather than to be the main aroma itself. And that seems to me to be the best use of that resin. Apple and mint are again to the fore, along with violets, roses, lavender, sandalwood, musk and patchouli. It's like walking through garden with some woody incense burning, so you get all the fresh air and the floral notes of the flowers, and the drifting undertones of patchouli and halmaddi.

This is a great daytime incense which is restful and soothing, and yet also spiritually and emotionally uplifting. Great for improving your mood, and for welcoming friends and guests.

I love it. It's going in my Top 10!

Date: March 2016   Score: 48



Goloka


8 comments:

  1. Hello Steve! Igor from Brazil! I had the opportunity to receive a few copies of the Goloka Meditation and it is really a great surprise. I have always loved incense. Although I am a layman on the subject, I have been following your comments and interested in the subject. About this scent, this really surprised me. Perhaps I could not identify the main notes: Sandalwood and honey stood out to me early on. But it is an engaging and transforming perfume, filling the whole environment. Perfect for use in my meditations and for making spiritual connections. It really is a unique and cheerful aroma, it makes me feel really good. Great for meeting friends and making any happy environment! Thanks for the nomination and for sharing your opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi igor sou brasileiro tb! Vc sabe aonde encontrar esse incenso aqui no brasa? Sou do rj

      Delete
    2. Oi Igor, por coincidencia tambem sou do brasil, do Rj! Vc sabe aonde encontrar esse incenso aq no brasa?

      Delete
    3. Oi Igor, por coincidencia tambem sou do brasil, do Rj! Vc sabe aonde encontrar esse incenso aq no brasa?

      Delete
  2. Have you had a chance to try any new bakhoor? I am looking forward to trying it I don't want something very floral tho especially not rose. I like sweet vanilla type smells mainly (oriental?) and woody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bakhoor, and I have several I haven't reviewed yet. I'll try and make some time today.

      Delete
  3. Also thank you for putting the time into this website it really does help me out. I love it I definitely am not rich and love incense so when I go to buy something I try to make sure I'm getting something good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I knew very little about incense when I started this blog, and I've been learning as I go along. I still feel there's much to learn, but I have picked up a fair bit of knowledge over the past few years. One thing that is very clear to me is that nobody needs to spend a lot of money on incense. There is some incense out there, particularly from Japan, that is seriously over-priced. The incense makers and sellers are happy to keep those prices high, and it appears that some people are quite happy to pay those prices. Each to their own.

      Delete

Please leave a comment: