Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Monday 25 July 2016

Goloka Chandan Dhoop Cones




I love sandalwood (chandan), and I love Goloka incense, so a Goloka-made sandalwood is heaven. I've already rated the sticks, back in April 2013, and gave them a high score of 46. I bought a large box of the cones last year, but haven't got around until now to rating them. I love the cones. Soft and very yummy. I did have a rummage in my box and in my drawers for the sticks, but while I have lots and lots of Goloka sticks, none of them are the sandalwood, so I can't do a side by side comparison of the cones and the sticks. That will have to wait until I order some more incense (probably not for a long while as I have too much to work through already!)

This is a very refined scent. The wood is fresh, warm, woody - with a sort of polished quality. The smoke is soft and suggestive and very pleasant, so everything is soft and inviting, with no harshness, assertiveness, or sharpness. There is an enveloping seductive warmth about this which makes it suitable for all occasions. Great for the bedroom with it's spicy seductive undertones, also great for welcoming quests with its warm inviting friendliness, great for everyday use with its lingering gentle woody tones. A great incense.

Date: July 2016  Score: 42




I've been burning a few sandalwood cones over the past couple of days, and this Goloka cone remains by far my favourite. It smells of top quality sandalwood with creamy vanilla tones. Soft, seductive and very heavenly. Love it. Upped the score a bit.

Date: April 2018   Score: 45

***

Goloka

Sandalwood

Incense cones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: