Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Thursday 16 March 2017

SAC (Sandesh) Jasmine



Perfume-dipped sticks. Hand rolled charcoal paste expertly and thinly rolled onto hand cut and undyed bamboo splints, some of which are quite thin and splitting.  A small amount of powder has been applied to the charcoal paste to stop the sticks from gluing together as they dry.  A modest but pleasant background incense. 

Some basic perfume on the stick. Volatile with alcohol fumes. Quite sharp and chemical. Some awareness of jasmine. On the burn it is lacking in the bright uplifting top notes of jasmine. Middle floral notes are there, but somewhat obscured slightly by smoke. Some warmth in the base, but more woody than musky.  Indeed, works well as a decent, light, pleasant, background scent. Quite happy to burn this simply as casual background incense.

I'm finding this a fairly casual perfumed-charcoal incense with few high notes. I'm not seeing this as a Decent incense, more of a Modest Everyday incense. 


Date: April 2023   Score: 28 






A pleasant everyday perfumed incense. Quite perky and floral with distinct notes of jasmine. This is OK.

Date: Dec 2018    Score:  35↑




Another fresh, bold perfume-dipped incense from SAC. This smells of mint and cucumber and reminds me of a raita. There is a creaminess and a sharpness. I can't say I'm getting much in the way of jasmine - any floral notes are hidden beneath the rather sharper scents. The sticks are very thinly rolled in charcoal, yet there is some awareness of burning coal dust.

This is not a special incense - it's just an everyday pick me up, and that's OK by me. This is way better than most scent-dipped sticks because it is the scent that I am mostly smelling, and it works for me. I like this. It'll give you a little brain prick, and snap you out of any lethargy. Nice one.

Date: March 2017  Score: 32
***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: