Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Friday 9 June 2017

One Aromatics Lemongrass






 I ordered six different scents from One Aromatics at the suggestion of blogger Heather Stewart. She is particularly attracted to the Ambrosia as it uses halmaddi. I've not got to that yet. I've started with the Lemongrass, as it's a herb I like to use in cooking, and I do like the scent.

I was struck when looking at the packets, at how much they reminded me of the packaging of Maroma Incense of Auroville Frankincense, a perfume-dipped incense I wasn't that impressed with, though I was intrigued by the company. These are made by the same folks. Or, at least, in the same Utopian village of Auroville. The place sounds and looks fascinating. As an ageing hippy, it really appeals to me.

Opening the pack and the solvent hits hard. Very green, and most certainly has the essence of lemongrass, though it is a little too distilled, a little too much like a solvent rather than a scent direct from the herb. But quite likeable. Candy sweet, fresh and sharp. It's a pleasant wake up call. On burning there's a little too much of charcoal and sandalwood powder, and not quite enough lemongrass to really interest me, but it's not so bad I would relegate it to the toilet. There is just enough lemongrass to keep it interesting, and the lemongrass is sufficiently uncommon as an incense scent to make it worth keeping around. So, not a heavenly scent, but a decent everyday (or now and again) scent.  Yep. OK.

Other lemongrass incense I've tried:  Darshan Lemongrass and Pan Aroma Incense Sticks. They weren't very good either.


Score: 24

One Aromatics



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: