Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Sunday 23 July 2017

Gokula Gaura Rose Supreme




An incense sample from Gokula-incense under the brand name of Gaura.

Quite a heady and intense aroma on the stick (which I acquired in early 2013), and an attractive earthy appearance of dusky pink and grey.




I tend to think that I don't like floral or rose incense, but sometimes I burn some and I find I quite like it. This is pleasant, though a little prickly and smoky in places.  It a warm scent, but not strongly floral or rose like, though there are wafts of rose now and again, along with an interesting sort of ash or dried bone smell. It informs the room gently and pleasantly, but without generating much interest. It's a decent sort of everyday incense, though not one I can see myself reaching for in preference to others.  It is pleasant, but lacking in delight or joy.  It simply works.


Date: July 2017   Score: 30
Gokula-incense


4 comments:

  1. I recently placed an order with Gokula for one of their 15 Gaura Samples packs (thanks to your enabling), and Rose Supreme was one of 4 extra samples I received with it (nice touch, Gokula). I'm not a fan of floral or rose scents either, but when they're good, they're good. I just took a look back at my notes for this one - "Ick! Weird sandalwoody mess. No rose at all." Ah, LOL! Can't win 'em all. But some of the others are outstanding. I haven't burned the Super Vrindavan Flower yet because that's the one I'm most hoping I'll love, but of the others, I'll definitely be ordering more Vrindavan Supreme, Vaikuntha Supreme and Musk Heena. And I'll probably order another sampler so that I can retest Super Patchouli, Krishna Champa, Shiva Shambhu and Aguru. The thing I've noticed about these sticks is that up close they smell mainly of smoke, but they THROW the most gorgeous scents across the room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the scents are a little demanding for me to burn them often. And while some of them I really love, it's not an everyday love. It's like a really sweet, rich cake that you love eating, but you don't want it every day. Like you don't want Christmas every day or a wedding every day. I have a big pile of samples that I intend to burn and review, but I can't just light a Gokula, sniff it, and I have it, so I can forget about it and get on with something else. These scents sort of want your attention because they are rich and subtle, and are a little tricky to pin down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, these are definitely what I'd call Friday Night or Home Alone scents. My favourites are always the power hitters, but sometimes I just want a bit of "background music". :)

      Delete
  3. And I like that you get free samples when you order. That's a nice nice. And they seem such a warm and friendly couple.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: