Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Thursday 10 August 2017

Tulasi Lotus



While sorting through my incense stocks yesterday, I came upon a few boxes of Tulasi that I had been reviewing last year. I've decided to go through them again - partly because they are quick and easy, and make a change from the resins that I am currently exploring, but also because I know that I never got around to reviewing them all, so there will be a few scents I've not tried yet. This is one that I have tried. It's a basic everyday perfume-dipped charcoal stick. It has a modest, slightly sharp, chemical based floral scent. Fairly light, and reasonably acceptable. There is nothing interesting or particularly aesthetic about this - it's just a cheap, easy room freshener. I'm not a huge fan of floral scents, so this doesn't hold much attraction for me. It is on the border of a simple toilet freshener and the lower end of an everyday incense.

Date: June 2018  Score: 20




Another in the Floral series, the lotus is the national flower of India. I've only encountered two other lotus scented incenses, and both of those were part of a pack - Sifcon Enchanting Bouquet Variety Pack, and The Candle Company Floral Scented Incense Sticks. Neither of those were very good, but this one is reasonably pleasant. Quite a heady, floral scent, though somewhat spoiled by the intrusion of the smell of the burning of the cheap charcoal used as the base (yes, I cheated slightly in the picture, the stick being burned in the picture is the Tulasi Meditation - this Lotus stick is dyed red, with a black charcoal base).

On the whole I'm not too displeased with this one, it's at the lower end of an everyday stick, but it is a little better than just a toilet cleaner.

Date: Aug 2017   Score: 22

***

More Tulasi reviews

Best floral incense

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: