Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Wednesday 9 August 2017

Tulasi Night Queen





Clearly chemical based, but not offensively so. There is a heady floral aroma - a bit rose, a bit magnolia, a bit jasmine. A decent enough bathroom air freshener, and OK as an everyday incense. Moving back up.

Date: April 2019  Score: 20




This has a muggy floral note and some off-scents which, as last time, remind me of burning hair. This is bargain basement everyday perfume-dipped charcoal, and some may like it more than others. I'm not finding it attractive and so I'm moving it down into the Toilet Cleaner group.


Date: June 2018   Score: 18




This Night Queen is part of a Floral series (I've checked, and I've not reviewed that series before - though I have reviewed a Night Queen incense). I'm assuming Night Queen is a flower - and the nearest I can think of is a night scented jasmine, which grows in South Asia, and has the nickname Queen of the Night. There is a heady floral note on the stick, but also leather and chocolate. Hmm.  The aroma on burning the stick is a bit like that of burning hair.  And, again, there's that chocolate, and some wood - damp sawdust, possibly a hint of cedar and pencil shavings. Odd. It's not actually unpleasant, but sort of getting there. The quirkiness of the aroma keeps it mildly interesting. Whatever it is meant to be, it's not how I imagine a night-scented jasmine called Queen of the Night would smell.


Date: Aug 2017  Score: 20
***
More Tulasi reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: