Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Wednesday 9 August 2017

Tulasi Tangerine Fruity Incense Sticks




Continuing my Tulasi Re-review Weekend, and I've reached Tangerine, and at this point I'm wondering if I want to continue as I've just burned a series of indifferent incense which is not exactly an uplifting experience. Even basic everyday incense has an impact on the mood and the soul. Good scents are uplifting, indifferent or poor quality scents are a drag. This one is a drag as it's mainly just neutral smokiness with every now and again a hard coal dust edge and then tantalisingly and frustratingly a hint of tangerine. That hint of tangerine is kind of worse than no tangerine at all, because it dangles in front of you - just out of reach - an idea of what this could be like if the scent were more powerful.

Date: June 2018  Score: 18



Part of the Fruity series. Tangerine seems to me to be a pleasant subject for incense, but I haven't come across many. I can remember  GR International's Tangerine, and that's about it.  This smells like floor polish on the stick - not very promising! Some pine notes, and a hint of citric fruit.

On burning there is a mild scent - mostly the base wood dust, but there's also some sense of a fruity aroma, but I wouldn't say it was citric let alone orange or tangerine. It's not unpleasant, just ill-defined.

Date: Aug 2017 Score: 20
***

More Tulasi reviews

Fruit Fragrances
That'll Make You Drool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: