Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Tuesday 12 September 2017

Hari Om 12/- Tez

Third review - scroll down for earlier

This is I believe currently my highest rated perfumed charcoal incense.  It is an old sample now. Hari Om sent me this back in 2017, over six years ago. And perfumed incense doesn't last as long as masala. Having said that, the fragrance on this one is still fresh and attractive combining fruits and florals and supported by creamy soft woody notes and warm spices. There's wild curry notes blended in white chocolate and herbs. Fascinating. I can see why I gave this such a high score.  I think it has reached the end of its life, though, and that is going to bring the score down. What I'd like is to have a fresh packet to relive the incense when fresh and strong. 


Date: Dec 2023  Score: 33 [Average score: 38] 



Second review

Gosh I do like this Tez. One of the most appealing perfume-dipped incenses I have had for a long time. There's an real old fashioned feel about this - plenty of floral notes, heady roses well supported by sweet musk and sandalwood, yet there are also modern perfume notes flying around with hints of citrus. There is so much going on. A very beguiling and attractive scent. I want more of this. I am now considering if I should be importing this to sell in the UK. I am sure people would love this.

Date: July 2018  Score: 41


First review

I absolutely love this. When I got the box of samples from Hari Om Fragrances, it was the masala incenses that I was really interested in, especially the fat fluxo type as they are proper job masala; but as I'm working my way through the sample box and trying the sticks, it's the machine made perfume dipped charcoal sticks that are really blowing me away. I adore this Tez. The scent is really quite divine. I am not sure what Tez means, or even if that is what the name is (the last letter is a graphic that could be a V) - in Hindi Tez means something like sharp or keen. And I'm not sure what the scent is supposed to be - there are tulip looking flowers on the box design, but what I am getting is musk and vanilla and honey. On the stick there is a pungent chemical note which resembles lemon and Earl Grey tea - it smells like a typical perfume-dipped stick. Pungent, floral, citric, and largely artificial, though not harsh, and with no plastic or alcohol volatiles.  Indeed, quite pleasant, though not divine. But then on burning (and I'm on my fifth stick now, as I just keep burning them one after the other), the aroma is very warm and sensual, with hints of chocolate mixed with the musk. The scent is mildly sharp, and mildly pungent - pleasantly so. It's not aggressive at all. It is a gentle scent that doesn't overpower a room, but does assuredly inform it. You are aware of the scent gently enveloping the room, infusing it with warmth and sensuality. Now and then musk wafts past, and then maybe something floral. There's a surprising amount going on, so the mind is engaged as well as the senses, and this is a scent that teases and encourages further investigation. This is really quite divine, and I really want more of it. It is part of Hari Om's 12 Rupee series (all with a "from the makers of Sai Bhajan" mark on the box), which costs the equivalent of 14p in the UK. A packet of HEM or Tulasi costs on average £1 here, and I'm sure someone could sell this in the UK for around £1 or more, and have some very happy customers.

Date: Sept 2017  Score: 38

Best floral incense


Top Ten 
Perfume-Dipped Incense

1 comment:

  1. Where to find to import (Hari Om 12 / - Tez)

    I live in Brazil

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: