Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Wednesday 27 June 2018

Padmini Spiritual Guide




As I've been burning a bunch of the incense I've imported for sale in my newly opened shop on  eBay,  IncenseInTheWind,  I wanted to get a perspective on some other incense, so I have been randomly revisiting some incense. This is an acceptable everyday perfumed incense - nothing fancy, and a little bit crude and simplistic with a clearly chemical scent that is sharp rather than refined, but nothing offensive, and it does the job of perfuming a room. Not an incense to use to impress visitors, but acceptable for casual everyday use.

Date: Oct 2018    Score: 25





Padmini are a well established Indian company who have been exporting to America since the Sixties, but very few of their products are available in the UK. Aargee import them, but it is difficult to find any shop that stocks more than one or two of the range. I got this from Pilgrims Fair Trade for £1 (it's a domestic brand which sells for 10 rupees (10p) in India).

It's a machine made perfume-dipped charcoal stick. It burns smoothly and evenly. The scent is very pleasant. A mix of soft floral and musk. Quite sweet. There's something reassuringly old fashioned about it. It's more of a room freshener than anything else, and there's a sort of soapy, table polish scent to the stick; but that sounds as if I'm trivialising it, and I'm not. I'm just making observations. I actually like this. It's not a scent that moves me. But as an incense to freshen up the home, this works well. This is decent everyday incense that I would be happy to buy again.

Date: June 2018   Score:  35

***

Padmini

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: