Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Tuesday 31 March 2020

Veer Special Loban




This was one of a number of samples sent by Veer when I started a business order with them. Their incense is OK - decent everyday perfumed incense, but the packets got damaged in transit, and were anyway, a little too large to send cheaply through the post, so I lost money on that. I hardly sold any in my eBay shop, and then closed the shop as it was costing me just to keep it open (that was an error on eBay's side, which has now been rectified, and I've been refunded, so I am intending to start up trading again soon). Anyway, now that we're in Lockdown, I've been attempting to sort out my incense, and came upon the samples package from Veer. The jar is very big - it is 1/4 of a kilo of incense, which sells in India for 150 rupees - £1.60. There's over 200 sticks in the jar, and the sticks are 9 inches long and densely packed. They are machine made, with the incense paste applied evenly and consistently. The aroma quality is very good - it is compellingly attractive, delicately balanced between sweet and mineral, and with a very convincing scent of loban - which is also known as benzoin and as sambrini. I love it.


Date: March 2020   Score: 37
***

Veer incense


Benzoin / Loban / Sambrani


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: