Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Monday 25 July 2016

Satya (Original - 2014) Nag Champa Dhoop Cones



Having a rummage at the bottom of my incense box for some more cones for our cone bowl in the bathroom (we use cones instead of air freshener sprays - you use the toilet, you light a cone....), and I come upon this old box of Satya's Nag Champa cones. It's from 2014, but - as with so much incense I have in the house - I hadn't yet got around to rating it. I burn it and it's quite soft, and doesn't have the prickly edge or freshness of the sticks. So I rummage and find a box of the Satya Nag Champa agarbatti to do a side by side comparison. Yes, straight-away I note that prickly edge, and the damp lambs wool. But also I am getting a lot of petrol fumes which I don't recall having experienced previously. I look at the box and it says "2012 series". Does that really mean it was made in 2012? Is it really that old? I recall buying a large supply quite cheaply a few years ago, and this is what is left of that supply. It might be worth getting some fresh (perhaps "2016 series"), and making a comparison. I'm not enjoying either of these. The cones are the least objectionable as they are quite soft, with a flowery, almost rose like quality, that I don't really associate with Nag Champa, but which is quite pleasant, while the sticks are fairly sharp and assertive, with that petrol fume aroma which is quite off-putting.

Score is for the cones.

Date: July 2016  Score:  33 



 


Having a tidy up of my desk and I come upon this sample box of Satya's Nah Champa cones. The logo is pre-2014, but the cones is still quite fresh and lovely. My experience is as it was in 2016 - a soft gently floral (rose) scent, though I also note an underlying musk and patchouli. This is a pleasant, slightly sweet scent, which puts thoughts of Turkish delight in my mind, no doubt due to that combination of rose and sweetness. Yeah, it's nice. Definitely something I'd be happy to buy again and keep in stock. 


Date: Dec 2021   Score: 37 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: