Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Monday 7 May 2018

Balaji Focus Herbal Sticks




I burned some Balaji Red last year and was really taken by it. I noted at the time that I had a few other  Balaji to try, and was looking forward to it. Since then my incense collection has got a bit jumbled up as we've had builders in the house, and I couldn't lay my hands on those other Balaji, but I came across this box in my bottom drawer while looking for something else, and fired it up to give it a go.

The sticks are very tightly and well rolled charcoal paste which is then rolled in a light brown powder. The aroma on the stick is wood shavings, pine, and toilet cleaner. When lit up the aroma is rather muggy and old fashioned. It's floral, possibly rose, and it reminds me of some cheap acrid perfume that some older women use, usually too heavily. Damp old ladies knickers and old fashioned rose talcum powder. I'm probably being a bit harsh, but this is not sitting well with me. Others may well like it. Floral aromas are not among my favourite, especially rose based ones.

Popat Stores sell this in the UK for 80p plus postage. IncenseOnTheWay sell it the USA for $2.15 plus postage.


Date: May 2018   Score: 10


Balaji Agarbatti Company


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: