Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Sunday 15 November 2015

Nandita Dehn Al Oudh




Nandita  make my favourite incense, Nandita Wood Spice, so I am favourably disposed toward them. This is a small sample box, similar to their Nag Champa sample box I reviewed in May.
Agarwood (or oud) is a traditional fragrance made from tree resin. I have had Gaura Aguru, an artisanal incense, and a generic, unbranded Agarwood, that came free with an incense burning box I purchased. I loved the unbranded Agarwood, and would buy that again in copious quantity. It was an unpretentious, everyday cheap perfume-dipped incense, yet with a sweet and delicious fragrance. This fragrance, by Nandita, is more halmaddi and sandalwood than agarwood. It's pleasant enough, but doesn't call attention to itself, and burns away unremarkably  in the background. It's made from a masala mix lightly rolled onto a charcoal base, and then dipped in a scent. It's OK, and I'm enjoying it, but I'm not sure that it's special enough,  having tried the sample, to seek out and buy a full box.

Date: Nov 2015  Score: 28
***

The best agarwood incense


Nandita Fragrances of Mumbai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: