Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Saturday 30 January 2016

Sai Handicrafts UK Gold Sandal (dhoop)




At the same time as I bought  Sai Gold Sandal (sticks) I bought this little packet of dhoops. These are more oily than the sticks, with a deeper, richer sandal, but with  less going on. This is more intense than the stick, partly due I suppose to the greater amount of incense being burned from the thicker dhoop. The sticks, though one-dimensional compared to some of the other sandal incense I have been burning recently, are more varied and complex than the dhoops. They are sweeter, sharper, more prickly, and have a hint of halmaddi about them. The dhoops are smokier and more obviously sandalwood. I like both - they are decent quality with a natural feel about them.  As they have different characteristics with some positives and some negatives, neither emerges as better than the other. I'm happy to burn either. The dhoop is a more relaxing experience, covers a larger area of the house, and I love the swirls of silver grey smoke. The sticks are more invigorating and interesting. 

[Note: 2023 - I have just searched and found that Sai Handicraft are a small UK importer who sell Indian goods and some own brand incense at festivals around the UK.]

Date: Jan 2016  Score: 34
***


Sandalwood



Nov 2023  118 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: