Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Friday 28 July 2017

Kemet Design Hathor incense




This is my third powder incense from Kemet Design - as with the others this has an Egyptian theme, and is named after Hathor, the goddess of the sky.  This one is working better for me. It's a woody smell. Not heavenly, but pleasant enough. I put water in my hotter burner, and put the incense powder into that.  There is a cedar wood quality to it. The description says "A rich myrrh incense with a hint of sandalwood and frankincense. This is a warm and sweet intoxicating scent." But I get nothing like that at all. It looks and smells more like cedar wood, and seems to fit better the description for Set: "A spicy, woody blend of juniper, cassia, benzoin and cedar. The aroma is very masculine with a spicy hint of citrus from the juniper and cedar, a warm rich scent from the cassia and a clean balsamic vanilla aroma from the benzoin."

I've not really been hugely impressed with any of the powders I've had from Kemet Design. It's probably me not being able to work out how to burn them properly, and I'll be happy to hear some advice. In the meanwhile I think it's unlikely I'll be burning any of them again. I didn't completely hate them - there are elements I found intriguing in each of them, and I think I liked this one the most, as it had some cedar wood notes that were warm and spicy. But all in all, with the difficulty in burning them, and the unpleasant burning smell if you get it wrong, I don't think the reasonably pleasant and mildly intriguing aroma I get when I find a method that works for me, is really worth the effort, or the cost.


Score: 19


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: