Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Friday 26 April 2019

Satya (Mumbai) Super Hit




A new corner shop has opened near to us in an old pub. Along with the bread, milk and baked beans they are selling incense - HEM and Satya, imported by Sifcon. All packets are a £1, so, just to support and encourage them I bought this pack of  Satya Super Hit, and was surprised to find that while I have rated the cones, I have never rated the sticks. The scent is similar to the cones - a very sweet, dreamy, slightly musky scent. Pleasant rather than heavenly. Probably, one of the better everyday scents one can buy. I'm always happy to burn a Super Hit, though it doesn't quite transport me.

This is one of the incenses made by Nagraj Setty, the brother who is based in Mumbai, and who was previously in charge of distribution rather than production, so there is no direct connection to the original Super Hit, which is still made by Balkrishna Setty in Bangalore, though doesn't get the distribution that Nagraj's products do. I'd like to get some of the same scent of both brothers one day and compare them side by side. For now, though, I'm quite happy with this.

Date: April 2019   Score:  35
***

Satya (Shrinivas Sugandhalaya)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: