Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Sunday 23 June 2019

Stamford Magic Angel Incense Cones





I've not been as struck by Stamford's Pink Angel series as I was by their Mythical Black series. However, I have been re-reviewing some of the Mythical Black series as I bought a new lot recently, confident that they were reliable and good value cones that could be used as acceptable and even pleasant everyday room fresheners, but I'm finding that I'm marking down the score on each scent I re-review. I'm also aware that I reviewed a couple of the Pink Angel series as incense sticks a little while back, and gave them higher scores than I am now of the same scents on the cone. My problems with the current batch I bought are that the perfume appears to have evaporated off the core material, so the scents are not as crisp, fresh and strong as they could be which additionally allows the smell of the core material to assert itself (which while not offensive, is not what you want or are paying for). It is possible that the stockists I got these from had old stock, because perfumed incense doesn't remain usable for long, regardless of how it is stored - the perfume will evaporate. And that is what has happened with this Magic Angel.  While not finding it wonderful, I thought the stick version of Magic Angel was quite pleasant when I reviewed it in 2015. I'm not getting a lot from this cone. Some soap, some faint soft spice, a touch of jam, but little else. On the other hand, it's not offensive. It will serve as a basic bathroom freshener.


Date: June 2019   Score: 20
***

The best incense by Aargee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: