Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Thursday 15 April 2021

Green Tree Palo Santo Incense Cones


I've just reviewed a Satya Palo Santo incense when my eye is caught by this little box of Palo Santo cones by Green Tree. Well, of course I have to review it. I did have a look to see if I could find any more Palo Santo around (I know I have a supply of the actual wood somewhere) but nothing came to hand immediately (my incense stash is a mess!).

I bought these in Glastonbury in 2017. They are distributed by Green Tree Candle, a Dutch company based in Rotterdam who deal in typical hippy items - scented candles, gemstones, tarot cards, beads, and incense. No indication of who makes the incense they are branding as their own, but it does seem typically Indian. 

It's a pleasant scent. The cones appear to be a mix of charcoal and wood dust, impregnated with scent which seems to me to be more oil based than perfume. The initial scent is lovely as we get mostly the fragrant oil, but as it burns down to the fat part, the heavy tars have collected, the amount of core material (charcoal and wood dust and binder) has increased, and the fragrant oil is losing the battle to stay on top. The initial scent is more floral than woody - quite light, almost lemony, with sweet spots and hints of honey. It is oddly both calming and invigorating, in the way I suppose lemon or pine is. It has a cleansing aura about it, and that's traditionally what palo santo has been used for. There is something a little green about it, nudging into nettles, herbs, and a bit of patchouli.  I like it. I now need to dig out my palo santo wood chips! 

Date: April 2021    Score: 36
***


Green Tree (distribution company)


1 comment:

  1. The KO Shop has over 200 retail customers/stores including the new age stores, crystal shops, wellness centers, organic & natural stores, whole foods stores, tobacco shops, resellers etc. In addition, for the distribution of Zed Black Incenses & Kangana Henna (MDPH*) in the Indian Grocery market, The KO Shop has tied-up with Freshco foods, who have a footprint over 400 Indian grocery stores across Australia.

    buy palo santo australia

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: