Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Wednesday 20 October 2021

Satya (BNG) Karma

 


It's easy to become complacent about Satya incense because they have been around for so long, are available everywhere, and  can be bought  cheaply. Yet they are a very good incense maker, and this is a good example of why. It's a gorgeous aroma on the stick - quite sweet, quite yummy. There's fine quality sandalwood, honey, warm wool, little moments of spice and white chocolate, the skin of new born babies and kittens, a melange of attractive scents which blend together to create something wholesome and pleasing. As is often the case (for me anyway), the scent when burned is somewhat less than the scent on the stick, and is somewhat variable. At times I catch a little too much prickly halmaddi, and it can burn my eyes. At other times, like now, it is gentle and soothing, and is actually very close to the scent on the stick. 

This is, however, not a top heavenly incense. It stops just short. Only just though. It is up there with the best, and is an incense I would happily buy again. 

Date: Oct 2021   Score: 38


Satya (Shrinivas Sugandhalaya)


2 comments:

  1. The Satya line is easily overlooked. But, they are another example of good value in a market that is tending towards the high end buyer marketed to and by western sellers who can get a premium price for their sticks. I agree with you, Steve, that there are plenty of good valued Indian sticks, halmaddi rich, much lower priced and enjoyable, if one spends the time exploring. The Satya line has some winners and I think it is worth exploring their line and finding the scents that have a special appeal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always liked Satya since I first encountered Satya Nag Champa. I have it as my number one incense, and keep it there for various reasons, even though when I revisit I find that there are other incenses which excite or please me more. Satya Nag Champa holds a singular place in the market - its influence and significance is undeniable. There is no incense in the world more famous, more loved, and more copied. And while I have had moments of intense pleasure with other incenses when that moment of first discovery of a new scent excites all the senses and emotions, none have matched that sublime first moment with Satya Nag Champa. "After The First Love There Is No Other".

      Delete

Please leave a comment: