Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Sunday 24 October 2021

Parimal Yatra Natural Incense Cones


Third review - scroll down for earlier

We've been burning these a fair bit recently, and I love them even more.  Pushing up the score (again!). Sadly, they are becoming hard to get hold of. I have had to order sticks instead of cones - I hope the sticks are as nice. 


Date: Oct 2022   Score: 47 



Second review

This is good stuff. It's natural and woody and beautiful and seductive and sexy and warm and wholesome and divine. The woody, musky threads weave together, entangled in herbs and patchouli and sandalwood. This is simply gorgeous. We particularly like the way the scent lingers beautifully for two days afterwards, even surviving through other incenses being burned. 

Date: Dec 2021   Score: 44  


First review

Most incense cones I have come across have been perfumed, and if it is to be a natural (or masala) non-stick Indian incense, then it is generally a dhoop, few of which are perfumed. But now and again I do come upon a natural/masala cone, and they are usually very nice. This one is particularly yummy. It is very woodsy and musky, with a strong lean toward patchouli (which is always going to claim my heart), with a scattering of silky summer flowers along the top. It all feels very natural, and it creates an uplifting experience. There is some sensuality from the musk and patchouli, an organic strength from the wood, and a joy from the flowers. The blend of all these scents works harmoniously to create that uplifting experience.

This is a quality incense that can be burned at any time of the day - the floral notes make it suitable to wake up the house in the morning, and prepare positively for the day, the woods give strength in the afternoon when the spirit might be flagging, and the musk/patchouli gives a sensuality to the evening. Only 75p for a box, from Poppat Stores (also from other shops, but at a higher price, such as £2.50 a box from ScentedAndMore), these are great value for money. Widely available in the West: New Zealand, America, Slovakia, etc.  

Parimal are an incense company I'd like to explore further. 


Date: Oct 2021    Score:  38 
***

Parimal Mandir


2 comments:

  1. They've never answered my email.🙁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that to be quite common. Happens with many companies and organisations. I often don't get responses to emails I send to my daughter's school, and so have to phone up. Emails sometimes go unnoticed and unread. Like you I find it frustrating and unprofessional, but I think the days of emailing are passing us by. Text and WhatsApp appears to be the preferred means of communicating these days. I mostly communicate with Indian companies via WhatsApp.

      Delete

Please leave a comment: