Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Friday 8 June 2018

Poundland Coley & Gill Cotton Fresh Incense Sticks




Sorting through my incense stocks (I'm looking for some Happy Hari samples sent me by Corey Topel of Absolute Bliss incense, which I seem to have lost) and I find this hex box of Coley & Gill Cotton Fresh, which comes from a mix pack of five bought in Poundland (what a bargain!). This is not the same incense as Poundland Coley & Gill Cotton Fresh Incense Sticks & Holder -
that is made by a different supplier, and is nowhere near as good.  This reminds me of the foil-wrapped incense that are sold under various brand names in the UK - they are also machine-extruded, and have modern, solvent based scents that are very pleasing. Low cost yet high quality incense like this, with bright, modern, attractive scents are becoming more and more popular. This is not hippy-dippy stuff, or wiccan, or aromatherapy, or geeky connoisseur stuff, this is decent everyday incense that anyone can use. It's pushing into the top end of Decent Stuff, and while a little too simple and clearly chemical based to get into Heavenly Incense category for me (see Top of the Dhoops! for full listings), I can see that this would have a wide appeal, and could become some people's favourite.

This is clean, fresh, bright and happy. Nice one.

Date: June 2018  Score:  36
***

Top Ten 
Perfume-Dipped Incense

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: