Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Sunday 30 December 2018

Veer Kesar Chandan

Second review - scroll down for earlier review

I'm sorting out my incense, and I've come upon some old packets of Veer incense which I imported back in 2018 to sell on eBay. It was my first attempt, and it didn't go well. The sticks are simple machine extruded perfumed incense. Basic everyday incense. Not offensive, and at the time I liked them. There is a hint of that sandalwood in the burn, but essentially a low end perfumed incense isn't going to last over five years - these sticks are faint. Not offensive. Just faint. No score. 


Date: Oct 2023   Score: N/A 




First review

It's been a few months since I imported the Veer incense from India, and I've only just got around to listing them for sale on eBay.  The sticks are decent quality, but because of the damage done to some of the packs in transit, I've hesitated about putting them up for sale. Because of the cost of transport from India, and I was only buying a relatively small amount, the individual cost per packet is around 41p. Because of the size of the packs posting them is at least 79p + 17p for the envelope, and then eBay and PayPal take their fees. I've decided to sell them as job lots of damaged stock at all five scents for £3.99, including postage. This is purely cost price, and I'm likely to lose a little bit on the deal, but hopefully not a lot. It's a learning curve.

Anyway, this is a decent sandalwood incense. It is soft, sweet and dreamy, with a fairly authentic sandalwood aroma. It lifts a room and leaves a pleasant, clean, fresh sweet wood scent. I'm not at all embarrassed about the scent or the quality of the sticks, which are all made to a decent standard on modern machinery. It's just the packets themselves which let down the deal.

So, this is an OK everyday perfumed incense.


Date: Dec 2018  Score:  28
***

Available in my eBay shop:
  IncenseInTheWind.


Veer incense


Sandalwood

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: