Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Monday 4 December 2023

Aargee Joss Styx Chakra Sahasrara Crown



I have found another Aargee incense pack that I never got around to reviewing. This is part of the Chakra range, though, as with the Manipura I reviewed yesterday, also has the branding "Joss Styx" applied at the top of the packet. Oh. I just checked - they all have the "Joss Styx" branding. Silly me. 

I do like this Aargee Chakra range. It works for me. Solid proper job masala with gorgeous scents. The scent on the stick is fresh, lemony, vanilla custard, herby, woody, lavender, sandalwood. Oooh, nice!  The scent on the burn picks up on the aspects found on the stick, though warmer, deeper, and with the added note of a raw wool prickle, which is a personal reaction to the existence of halmaddi, a tree gum added to enhance the fragrances. 

Though I really like this Sahasrara, it doesn't excite me as much as some of the others in the Chakra range. It's less sweet, has less depth and width (or "complexity"  - that sense that there's a number of things happening). But it's still an awesome scent, and like all the others, it fully informs the room in a smooth, gentle manner, and leaves a cleansing, tingling, beautiful aroma for over 24 hours. Top job. 

The blub on the packet says: "This fragrance has been created using a special mix of Lavender and Rosewood."    I get the lavender, though am less clear on the rosewood.  I looked it up - rosewood contains linalool, which has floral and spicy notes, and is found in citrus fruits and lavender, with inflections of cedarwood. So the rosewood would account for the lemony and woody notes. OK. 


Date: Dec 2023   Score: 38

***
Vintage Incense
(Incense brand
not currently available)

Aargee 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: