Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Monday 18 December 2023

Parimal Yatra Natural Incense

 


This is a stunningly gorgeous incense. I've been burning the Yatra cones for a while,  and they've been one of my favourites since 2021. Last year I couldn't get hold of the cones, so I bought the sticks. I've gone through a couple of packets without realising that I hadn't reviewed the sticks. Sticks and cones tend to be formulated differently and burn differently, so there can be an aroma difference - or at least an aroma experience difference. Cones tend to release a lot of smoke and aroma in a short compact manner, while sticks tend to be both more consistent and more leisurely. I generally prefer sticks. I like that slow, steady, prolonged and leisurely unfolding of the scent. Cones can be a bit blunt. 

The scent on the stick is awesome. The stick is a standard 8 inches, with 6 inches of black paste, now dry and crumbly, hand-rolled onto a plain bamboo splint, and then thinly covered in wood powder. The scent on the stick is from a liquid fragrance - perfume or oil, supported by fragrances from dried resins and woods.  It's very beautiful. Refined. Very sexy. Musky. Sweet. Woody. Patchouli. I love patchouli, so this falls right into my lap, and I'm seduced. 

The burn picks up on the scent from the stick, though is warmer, more woody, less sweet. Bloody gorgeous. It's a steady, unfolding burn. Nothing too dramatic - this is a burn that should appeal to most people. The fragrance gently envelops the room, making its perfume known and felt in a feminine manner. I love this. There's floral notes here as well, though mostly it's wood and resin and musk and patchouli. 

Yatra is sold in most places, so is easy to get hold of, and is usually sold at a modest price, which means this is attainable for most people, either as a casual, everyday room freshener, or as something a little bit special, such as for a romantic evening for two (or more than two, if that's your bag). 95p for 17g from Popat Stores in the UK; $2 from ExoticIncense in the US; $2.50 from WorldOfIncense in Australia. 


Date: Oct 2021    Score:  47
***

Parimal Mandir

Reviewed on Ratnagandh


3 comments:

  1. I love parimal yatra, it’s my all time favorite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see it in the photo on your blog,
      Ratnagandh
      , but it looks as though you haven't reviewed it yet.


      Delete

Please leave a comment: