Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Sunday 3 June 2018

Mysore Sugandhi Surya Devya Laxmi Dhoop




I'm not actually a fan of wet dhoops. One of my first reviews back in Feb 2013 was for Vaishnodevi Chandan Dhoop, and I found that hard to take as it was so smoky. Well, nothing has changed. This Laxmi Dhoop is also greasy and smoky, and after a short period it brings tears to my eyes and gives me a headache. But that's just me. I can also get the same reaction from incense with too much halmaddi, and there are those who have orgasms while burning halmaddi. Each to their own. There are fans of wet dhoops. They all smell pretty much the same to me - greasy and smoky, like burning butter (which is a common ingredient). There is some sandalwood in this, and a bit of wet leather, but mostly it's the burning butter oil that I can smell.

What we have found them useful for, is keeping flies away in the garden and outhouse. We feed our cats in the outhouse, and our cats like to leave a little bit to come back later; in the summer this attracts flies, so we burn our Toilet Cleaner incenses in the outhouse to keep the flies away. Wet dhoops are really effective at repelling flies!


Score: 10
***


Mysore Sugandhi


Wet dhoops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: