Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Friday 27 July 2018

Goloka Divine




Another proper job masala incense from one of my favourite producers. For me Goloka can't do wrong, and this is one of their core scents - it is part of their Premium Series, and is widely available across the world. Igor from Brazil asked if I would review it, and I'm always happy to burn something from Goloka, and I'm on a masala spree at the moment, so off we go...

There is a deep, sharp, vivid scent of cedarwood on the stick - it's quite alive with tantalising peaks of fresh wood shavings on an Alpine mountain crushing the morning heather underfoot. I love the scent on the stick. Oooh - it's like fresh snow and coal dust and pine woods and other wonderful outdoorsy things. I'm less excited by the scent on burning as it's a little heavy and sullen, with a narrower focus than the raw scent - this is more of a burning scent - camp fires at night in damp wood. Though it is a fragrant and interesting scent, I'm not getting the divine element - its OK, but doesn't, for me, have the compelling almost addictive attractive of the raw scent.

Goloka don't use charcoal as the self-burning base in this and other incenses, they use roasted coconut shells which is more ecologically friendly. I just love what Goloka do - they think carefully about every aspect of the manufacture of their incense.

Date: July 2018    Score:  30
***

Goloka

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Steve! Great review though I have expected more of this scent. Maybe because it's Goloka, I always expect big scores. I bought a box but I have not received it yet. When I receive, I comment. I have tried some examples of Goloka scents, I always expect something good from them. But I am glad you have tried and posted. I'm waiting for the scent of sandalwood. I saw from your review that it's really very good! It's good to have this channel to exchange impressions. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please do review or comment on any of the scents you have - I'd love to hear what other people think. Scents are quite personal, and what one person likes, another may not, and vice versa. The more people talk about a scent, the more information we all have!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: