Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Sunday 29 July 2018

Mahendra Gulabi Collection Rose




I was burning some Mahendra Gulabi a few weeks ago, and I got curious as to where I bought it. Not that I thought it was a good incense, I was simply curious. I couldn't find the exact box, but I did note that Mahendra had expanded upon the brand, and were now doing a Gulabi Collection range which ReallyRelaxing were selling at a reduced price. So I grabbed the Rose and the Lavender to see what they burned like. Of course, I then got distracted, and they were put aside. I burned some Hari Om Divine Incense Gulab again the other night, and that reminded me of this Mahendra Gulabi.  Gulab is Hindi for rose, so is a common name for rose incense. Most Indian rose incense tends to be highly perfumed and quite heady. It's usually a perfume-dipped incense, but there are some masala versions, such as the very beautiful Goloka Nature's Rose.   This Mahendra Gulabi Collection Rose falls into the usual format for a perfume-dipped rose incense, though is much softer, and a few other things going on, such as little hints of citrus.  Though there are some differences it is very similar to the base Mahendra Gulabi, and may simply be the same incense, just updated a bit.

You get a lot for your money - there's 25g in the packet which would mean an average of 25 sticks. The sticks are a little shorter than average, though I like that, as I generally don't like to have the same incense burning for a long time. Short and sweet suits me. And it gives me the option of burning another one if I want. It's an OK everyday incense. Perfumed. A bit old fashioned. But it works for me as a pleasant room freshener.

Date: July 2018   Score: 23
***

Mahendra Betco - Best of


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: