Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Tuesday 17 July 2018

Goloka Reiki Sei Hei Ki / Purification



When I first lit this, it transported me back to wandering into a head shop in Ladbroke Grove in the early Seventies with a Spiritual Sky incense wafting on the breeze, probably Strawberry Fields.  The playful, sweet, fruity tones gradually develop deeper notes until it becomes more serious and woody, and finishes with a fairly sombre cedar wood feel, and a little bit of heat. I like the start and am not dismayed by the finish. It's a proper job masala and does deliver on the quality I have come to expect from Goloka, though it's not quite on the same level with their main output. I note that the Reiki series is on sale all over the world (I got this packet from The Scenter, who has all five in the series), though it is not listed on Goloka's own website.  I wonder if, when stocks run out, we'll see the end of this series - perhaps it was something they tried, and now they are exploring something else.

Those in the Reiki series that I have tried: this, and Healing, and Timelessness, have been decent quality and very pleasant to burn, but didn't quite lift into the heavenly that Goloka can do. Nothing that Goloka do is below decent quality, and everything they do is worth buying, though - to be fair - their main lines are the ones to concentrate on first before exploring side lines such as this Reiki series. However, if you do see any for sale, best grab them now, just in case Goloka have discontinued the series. 

Date: July 2018    Score:  33
***

Goloka


2 comments:

  1. Hello, Steve, how are you? My name is Igor and I'm from Brazil. I'm a fan of incense and I'm always following your reviews. Some incenses you publish I can find in my country. I would love to see a review on Goloka Divine. Do you know this one? I have read your reviews on Chandan aroma and Meditation. If you have tried the Divine Scent, please, I would like to see this review. Thanks and congratulations for the excellent work! I love reading your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a good number of Goloka incenses as they are probably my favourite producer. I'll have a look to see if I have the Divine, if not, then I will order some.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: