Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Friday 18 August 2023

Sree Vani Little Ganesh

 


Sree Vani's "Little God" series of wet masala incense sticks are suddenly available all over the place. I picked up this Little Ganesh packet from PilgrimBazaar on eBay for £1.50, though it is also sold in Spain for €1.45, and in America for $2.50Sree Vani Perfumery Works are based in Bangalore, were formed in 1983, and sell a wide range of masala and perfumed incense.  

Sree Vani in Bangalore


This is a rich, moist incense - fairly close in style and attitude to a flora fluxo, though not quite as fat as the average flora. The scent on the stick is beautiful - rich, heady, floral, with an exquisite and exciting cluster of aromas, though the range, albeit vivid, seems to be fairly narrow - fruity (pineapple, lemon sherbet, raspberries) and floral (jasmine, rose, lavender) with nips of baby oil. The light citric notes in the fruit element keep the scent from being cloying, though I'd welcome something else to expand the experience. The joy and delight in the initial meeting of the scent fades as the stick burns, and the scent becomes familiar - perhaps too familiar. There's little left to discover. But that's really a minor quibble. This is essentially a solid and exquisite scent which does delight. 

I'd be keen to explore some more from Sree Vani (when I reduce my backlog a little.....) 


Date: Aug 2023   Score: 38 



7 comments:

  1. Oh cool, you got one of the Little Gods too! I picked up Little Lakxmi with my last Ephra World Shop order but have not tried it yet. - I've accumulated quite a backlog as well. ':D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Backlogs! I can't see mine ever diminishing! Shroff have written to say they are sending me samples of their recent work. I have warned them!

      Delete
    2. Shroff, nice! I know you were not to fond of their Dry Masala (or at least not the White Sandal?) but I like most of them quite a bit. I just released my reviews on them this week, the last one going online tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. I got some Sree vani incense from sree vani stall in India pavilion, Global village, which is a theme park in Dubai. I liked their little Lakshmi incense from their little god range. I also got some Chandan shree, indian heritage jasmine and arbani. Btw the stall salesperson knows me because I always buy their incense whenever I got to global village, so she gave me a whole bunch of samples, 4 incense from their Indian heritage series, brahmi and oudh which is their best seller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once people start giving you samples you'll end up having a backlog!

      Delete
    2. Yea ik, but I got the small samples.

      Delete

Please leave a comment: