Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Wednesday 9 August 2017

Tulasi Meditation




Moving onto Meditation as part of my Tulasi Re-review Weekend. This incense scent is dominated by the vanilla - there are meant to be other scents available, but it's the vanilla that I detect. I normally quite like vanilla incense - not hugely, but I find in general it works for me as an everyday incense. But this doesn't work for me. It smells like damp carpets. This remains in the Toilet cleaners section of my collection.

Date: June 2018   Score: 18




I said a while ago that I would not buy any more Tulasi incense as I wasn't impressed with the quality of their chemical scents, but then discovered Tulasi Vidwan, a decent masala incense. And now, I'm on The Scenter website buying some resins, and note they have a clearance offer for multi packs of the perfume-dipped Tulasi. I know these are not going to be in the same category as the masala incense, but it looks like a bit of fun for not much money, so I grab some. These casual perfume-dipped incense sticks are easy to review. The scents tend to be quite simple and undemanding, and the essence of the scent can be grabbed quite quickly. It's a bit of fun and quite relaxing.

This Meditation is part of an Aromatherapy set, and the intention is to have the scents of vanilla (to dissipate sadness), sandalwood (to relax and build confidence), and camomile (to calm and relieve stress). While there is some sense of these aromas on the stick (vanilla particularly), there is little sense of them when the stick is burned - just some poor quality damp wood dust being burned.

Ah. I just noticed I have already reviewed this in September 2013 as part of the Stamford Aromatherapy pack.

Date: Aug 2017  Score: 18
***

More Tulasi reviews

Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: