Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Friday 10 May 2019

HEM Protection





An OK everyday incense. A warm seductive slightly musky scent. Gently sweet. HEM are not my favourite producer, but this is an OK scent which I'm happy to put in my everyday incense box, and use around the house. 


Date: May 2019   Score: 32 


 



A rather modest perfumed incense.  Something I grabbed this morning as I wanted a modest, light everyday incense to inform the front room as we had breakfast. I found it very modest indeed. Burning again now to give it a review, and I find there's not a lot to say. There's a mildly pleasant, inoffensive scent on the stick, mildly woody, mildly minty like eucalyptus, with some fat floral notes like magnolia or lotus. Sadly, most of this is not fully present in the burn. The higher notes, especially the floral, are there, but not strongly, and some generic cool charcoal is the aroma that tends to come through the most. This is quite common in both perfumed and masala incense, though much more common in perfumed which relies heavily on volatile perfumes which evaporate over time, and which burn off more quickly than the heavier aromas, such as the base charcoal and the bamboo splint, when the stick is lit. Now and again I get the heady floral notes, but its rather too little to feel relaxed about the experience. And when the scent does come the reward is not enough. If the scent were more profound when it flitters my way now and again, I could feel more positive about the experience.  On the whole, not awful, but just a tad too weak and indifferent for genuine pleasure. 


Date: March 2022   Score: 23 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: