Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Thursday 15 August 2019

Gokula Vrindavan Supreme




I have reviewed a Happy Hari Vrindavan Flowers, and a Gokula Vrindavan Flowers (which are the same incense, just different suppliers), and found them to be modestly pleasant floral incense with that generic warm wool scent of a traditional masala incense, particularly one that contains halmaddi. This one is termed "Supreme" so I assume has better quality ingredients, or more essential oil, or more halmaddi. I don't have the other incense to hand to compare, and I'm not sure that it's worth the effort. This is OK stuff, but it doesn't rock my world. If you like masala incense, as I do, then you'll like this for all the reasons you like other masala incense - the warmth,  the way it lingers pleasantly in the house for hours afterwards, and that it feels natural. Yeah, I could burn this again. Good stuff. Not one to excite me personally, but very decent incense that I'd be happy to have again.


Date: Aug 2019    Score:  33

***
Gokula-incense

4 comments:

  1. This brand has a chocolate vanilla incense I would like if you could review one day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have literally thousands of different incense that people have sent me, or that I have bought, which I have not yet reviewed. I have a range of things I do, and I get pulled in different directions. But I love reviewing incense. Not just burning it, but the actual process of thinking about the incense and writing about it. I find it calming and nourishing. So I keep intending to get back to reviewing soon. The longer I leave it, though, the more difficult it becomes, because I am still burning incense, and I get mixed up on which incense I have already reviewed and which I haven't as there are boxes of incense all over my desk. And then I have a tidy up, and everything gets confused! I am slowly making my way through the incense boxes scattered on my desk, but most of those have already been reviewed, so I am mostly just re-reviewing old stuff at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vrindavan Supreme is now renamed in Gokula's Connoiseur line as Sandalwood & Saffron. What this has to do with Vrindavan flowers seems a mystery to me. I am sitting here burning Gokula's Royal Vrindavan Flower and can't detect any clear floral scent, only a pungency and some vanilla base that go very nicely together. This is an interesting fragrance. Musky? Patchouli? I would never think of a floral, though. If it is the same as the HH, I would recommend it. This one has a compelling fragrance that makes me notice it. I wish Gokula's sticks smelled more like their names.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, I get to Sandalwood and Saffron in their Connoisseur line, formerly called Vrindavan Supreme. A handmade dusted stick that is very cloying to me. Highly perfumed and not to my liking. The sandal scent is accompanied by a pungent oil fragrance that doesn’t smell like saffron but perhaps patchouli or some other strong scent. It’s very penetrating, aggressive, and takes over a room. Not for a small space. It seems like it contains halmaddi but is very irritating to my nose. I would not buy. A better choice of the mix of sandalwood and saffron would be Gokula's Kesar Chandan in their Classic line. Less costly and easier to be around.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: