Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Thursday 15 August 2019

Radha Madhav Gopal




A traditional masala incense by Bangalore based manufacturer Radha Madhav, acquired from Gokula-Incense around six years ago, and finally getting round to reviewing! Grief, I have such a big back log....



This is quite a smokey incense. Fairly dry. Some halmaddi, which for me comes over as warm wool, slightly prickly - others have a different experience. This is a fairly sombre scent - there's some herbal notes, and a hint at something almost fleshy, but mostly this is fairly mineral like.

I'm OK with this, but I'm not knocked out. Each to their own. There's nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't rock my boat. It burns nicely with no off-notes, but it just doesn't lift me. I think I prefer something a little sweeter, or more exciting.

Gopal or Gopala is the name given to Krishna when he was a child.


Date: Aug 2019     Score: 29



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: