Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Thursday 1 September 2022

Oriental A1 Special Bathi

 



Was in Rochester, where we used to live, for the funeral of a friend. While there I popped in to my old incense shop - Little Dorritt in Rochester High Street. There wasn't much of interest, but I found some scraps in an old  bucket of incense that didn't look good, but which I'd not heard of, so just out of curiosity I purchased some. This was one. A battered and clearly cheap incense. Most of the stuff in the bin was of singles - possibly samples. Anyway, there was an awkward moment when the shop girl was wondering how much to charge because there was no price. The previous pack she'd charged me £1, and that was clearly more professional looking, so I suggested she just charge me the same. She then got a little stressed and said she didn't know what to charge, and it might be worth more - it might be worth £2. I said that seemed a little high for what it was, that £1 for a tatty packet that was likely to only get more tatty until it was thrown away was fair. She squirmed more, so I offered £1.50. She muttered and mumbled. I have no idea if she charged me £1.50 or £2, but whatever it was it was money wasted. 

 

Little Dorrit in Rochester




This is dreadful! No idea what it was meant to smell like, but it's a cheap and nasty chemical perfume dipped charcoal stick that smells very off. There is no way it was intended to smell like this - is smells of burning diesel and burning rubber. Awful stuff - I'd left it on as I was writing this, and my daughter came in to complain of the smell. Really, the worse incense I've ever burned! Minus points as this is highly unpleasant. 


Date: Aug 2022    Score: -3





4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review Steve.
    I tried looking it up and got nothing whatsoever. You might be the only person in the world who has this product. Does it have anything else written on the packaging? Even if it's in another language?
    I believe this is the first time you've rated any incense negatively, am I correct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three others have the honour of a negative rating:

      Backflow cones from China (P): 2
      Tulasi Green Apple (P): -1
      Sifcon Backflow Cones (P): -2

      Delete
    2. Ah, actually only two others. The cones from China are actually marked as 2, not -2.

      Delete
    3. I can't recall any other words, and I'm damned sure I chucked them out (something I've never done before, as I do like to give even ugly incense a second change, but this stuff really was very foul!)

      Delete

Please leave a comment: