Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Wednesday 9 November 2022

Goloka Oud

 


I like Goloka - they are one of my favourite producers, and I love ouhd (agarwood) - it is probably my favourite incense fragrance; so this is likely to be a good experience for me. This came from ScentedAndMore, who sell it for £2.50 a pack.  It is part of Goloka's "Black Series", which I know little about, and seems to involve only a handful of products. It doesn't appear to be a series so much as a different style of packaging, as there is nothing in common between them other than the packaging. 

 The sticks are a hand-rolled charcoal-masala incense; the scent is perfumed, a little sharp and crude - not quite the agarwood scent I was hoping for, though some awareness is present - you'd certainly identity it as an ouhd. There's some warm cedarwood, and a general wood scent, part sandalwood, part pine. 

On the burn there is again that awareness of agarwood, though predominantly the scent is cedarwood, and it's a little dry. I like my agarwood to be moist, rich, sweet, playful, and evocative - this incense is a little sombre. It is, however, a good clean scent, quite noble and satisfying - just not quite what I was anticipating, and not entirely my thing. I do like woody scents, though, so it is one I like. I just don't adore it.  


Date: Nov 2022  Score: 28

***


Goloka


The best agarwood incense



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: