Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Tuesday 15 November 2022

Vijayshree Golden Nag Chandan Masala Sandalwood Agarbathi

 


Ooh, this is yummy. My sort of incense. Creamy and dreamy scent on the stick. Beautiful sandalwood - a sweet woodiness edging toward floral, with some hints of a woolly magnolia halmaddi. It's all so fresh and natural smelling. 

The burn is honest, being very close to the scent on the stick, which indicates that the scent comes from the dried masala ingredients - true resins and woods, rather than perfumes or oils.  My only complaint is that it's rather a fast, hot burn. But it does gently envelope the room. I feel comfortably embraced by a brilliant sandalwood scent. Oh, this is heavenly! 

And this can be bought at a stunning price - £10 for twelve 15g packets  (total 180g) from Amazon.  Individual packets can be bought from MindBodySpirit for £2 a pack, or TerracottaSenses for £1.60 a pack


Date: Nov 2022   Score: 41 

***
Vijayshree Fragrance


2 comments:

  1. This is also one of my most favorite Sandalwood scents, I think I've grown to like it even more than the one from Goloka (Premium) but quality wise they're on the same level for me. I think it is a little bit "darker", I suspect it has a small quantitiy of Patchouli. What do you think?

    If you are curious to explore the brand further: I wonder how you would like Nag Breuzinho. Breuzinho is a type of Copal but the sticks smell nothing like it. To me, it smells soft, creamy kinda milky-fruity with a very special top note. It reminds me more of a rare Australian resin called Balga.
    The aftersmell remind me of Satya Reiki - that's why I only burn it outside (I can't stand it) but I know Reiki is among your favorites.
    Nag Seven Chakra has a huge similarity to Parimal - Yatra. But Yatra felt way superiour when I compared them directly. I would suggest it to people who want to try Yatra but can't find it where they live.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: