Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Tuesday 8 November 2022

Balaji Rajnigandha Incense Sticks

 
Second review - scroll down for earlier

I'm not enjoying this as much as I did last year. Different mood, different atmosphere, who knows. But today I am getting sweet coconut but singed, damp decaying flowers, like the aftermath of a funeral, smoke, and then the jasmine. I find it interesting that when reviewing some incenses for the third or second time, my experience will be roughly the same, while for other incenses I can get quite a different experience.  If I had score this 27 last year, and I'm now moving it down to 24, that would be understandable. But I can't understand how I gave this a score of 37 - unless I had intended to score it 27, and simply mistyped. Ah well. Whatever, it's now going down to 24. 


Date: Oct 2023   Score: 24 



First review

75p from Popat Stores, UK.  A machine made and highly perfumed stick. Rajnigandha is Hindi for tuberose, quite a heady and highly fragrant jasmine like night flower that has been used as a floral note in perfumes since at least the 17th century. It was used by Marie Antoinette, who imported the tuberose plant from Mexico.  I have had a few other tuberose/rajnigandha incenses - Gokula Incense Cones Rajnigandha and Hari Om Divine Incense Rajnigandha and Moksh Swarna RajaniGandha and SifconTuberose Gardenia.  The scent here is probably delivered by the essential oil tuberose absolute, as it's clean and delicious. 

Floral scents are not my particular favourites - I am more into fragrant woods and oily musks, so this does not fly for me; however, it is a beautiful scent, well done. It's a little sharp on the stick, becoming more rounded on the burn, though some of the material on the stick intrudes slightly into the scent.  Not so heavily as to become offensive, but enough to take away some of the clean beauty of the tuberose. On the whole, though, a decent and attractive low cost floral perfume incense. 

Date: Nov 2022   Score: 37

***


Balaji Agarbatti Company


Best jasmine incense

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: