Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Friday 20 January 2023

Veer Madhur

 



A few years ago I became interested in the idea of importing incense into the UK from unknown incense companies. Veer (Viral Enterprises), a relatively new company, was the first one I tried. It was a bit of a disaster, because the incense packets were poor quality and were damaged in transit. I lost money on the enterprise. Added to which, the incense was simple everyday perfumed charcoal. Nothing particularly desirable or interesting. Yesterday, while having a rummage in my incense piles for some One Aromatics incense because I had just taken deliver of some Berk incense from Germany (reviews later!) and I felt there was a similarity, I came upon this packet of Veer Madhur that Viral Enterprises had sent me as a sample.  So, let's light it up and see what it's like! 

It's a machine extruded charcoal paste (coconut charcoal?)  on a machine cut undyed bamboo stick. The charcoal has been perfume scented.  It has a very pleasant fruity scent on the stick. Quite orangey. It's a decent quality scent - clean, bright, fresh. It's so clean and fresh, it could be an essential oil, though I suspect it's more likely a perfume, as perfumes or fragrant oils are made with synthetic ingredients to help keep the cost down (among other reasons). 

The scent on the burn is clean, fresh and fruity with those orange tangs. I've had the pack (sealed) for nearly three years, and the perfume still works on the burn. The burn aroma is not as impressive as that on the stick (something I'm finding is fairly common for many types of incense), but it does provide a clean, uplifting, zingy scent that brightens the room bringing in light and freshness. 

A modest but pleasant everyday perfumed charcoal incense. 


Date: Jan 2023   Score: 29
***

Veer incense



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: