Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Saturday 19 December 2020

Fair Trade Om Frankincense

 


There's little awareness of frankincense here. This is a harsh, hard, mineral scent. Not much in the way of aroma, more smoke and heat. A little hot halmaddi comes through, quite prickly. 


I don't think Fair Trade are generous with their ingredients, nor with their imagination. This comes across as a bare minimum machine made halmaddi masala, almost certainly aimed at the Western rather than the local market. 

I can't see myself buying any more Fair Trade, nor burning this one very often. I think this is going to be consigned to the outhouse to keep away the flies. It's not bad, it's just not very attractive or interesting, and it contains halmaddi which prickles my eyes and throat. 


Date: Dec 2020    Score: 21 

***

Fair Trade Incense Works


Frankincense


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: