Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Tuesday 18 October 2022

K.V. Exports Supreme Krishna Incense Sticks Strawberry

 
Second review - scroll down for earlier

Standard bargain basement everyday perfumed-charcoal incense. I was quite harsh on these last year, and lighting them again now as part of my clear out (keep, chuck, or outhouse) I fully expected this to be a chuck. As it is, it's not a keep, but a move to the outhouse. That is, we'll keep it to burn casually just to refresh the outhouse, which is where the cats eat. There is a pleasant fruity smell which kinds hovers around strawberry, though it's a synthetic strawberry, rather than a fresh natural one. This reminds me a little of the old Spiritual Sky Strawberry Fields incense. The flat packet is kinda similar as well - fatter and shorter, of course, and different design, but there are similarities in that it is a flat pack, it has the window to show the sticks, there is a Krishna illustration, and it has the sticker for the name of the fragrance.  Us old hippies have fond memories of the old Spiritual Sky, though maybe those sticks were not quite as good quality as our (my) nostalgic memory makes them out to be.  But this, though, is quite nice. And it is leaving me wondering how I could have been so dismissive last year, and yet so, well not appreciative maybe, but accepting today. A different time, a different mood, a different experience. Hmmm. The more I burn this the more I like it, and I'm wondering  if I should hold onto it for a little longer.....


Date: Nov 2023   Score: 28



First review

Not as crude as the Jasmine/Mogra by the same company, but comes from the same mould of cheap, generic synthetic-perfume charcoal sticks. There's not a lot of strawberry scent attached to these, either on the stick or the burn. It's more of a chemical aroma that you get from cheap perfumed incense. Kinda sickly as well. So, a little better than the Mogra, but still borderline offensive. 

Date: Oct 2022   Score: 17 

***

Fruit Fragrances
That'll Make You Drool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: