Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Friday 15 September 2023

Absolute Bliss Yoga

 


A rather casual stick. Crudely hand rolled on thin hand cut strips of bamboo. It's possible to get splinters from these sticks. The black paste is very hard. The wood powder is unevenly and patchily applied. The sticks are 8 inches with 6 inches of incense. There is a delicate, refined aroma on the stick. Mildly volatile. Quite clean. The aroma is present in the burn, though warmer. It's a nice burn with elements of halmaddi present. Warm, woolly, softly woody, crisply clean, awakening.  The sticks burn for 60 minutes. 

This is one of the samples that Corey of Absolute Bliss sent me a while back, and which I am now dealing with as Corey is seriously ill with cancer, and the Absolute Bliss website is not operating at the moment. Hopefully Corey will overcome the cancer, and return to his website. Folks may donate to Corey's medical expenses here

All the samples Corey sent me (bar one, which I reviewed years ago) were sourced from Paul Eagle's supplier. Paul Eagle was the chap behind Happy Hari. Corey told me that the source was not actually a maker, but an Indian based retailer. Paul had shown me photos and videos of his incense being made. Perhaps the retailer was the one doing the deal, and had either made the videos for Paul, or had introduced Paul to the maker, with the understanding that the sales contract was to remain between Paul and the retailer. 

 
The Yoga Sutra range

Anyway, with the name Yoga, I assume this is one of Paul's Yoga Sutra series, of which I have reviewed two: Asana Sutra and Niyama Sutra. When I first encountered the series I assumed that Paul had been playful and combined the aesthetics of yoga with the sexuality of the kama sutra, though I have since learned that there are yoga sutras. Those two Happy Hari Yogas are very different to this one, which is possibly intended to be the Niyama Sutra, as that is what Corey was selling on Absolute Bliss.  

I like this. It doesn't particularly excite me, but it's a decent masala style incense. Something pleasant to burn. 

As this Absolute Bliss branded Yoga is not currently available, I'll list it in my Vintage Incense section. 


Date: Sept 2023    Score: 34 
***




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: