Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Sunday 24 September 2023

Eyes Of the Lord Buddha Pancha Buddha Incense Sticks

 


Pleasant machine made masala style incense. Attractive perfume on the stick. Quite a commercial scent, rather like a vanilla and gentle musk based feminine body spray such as Impulse. It's likeable rather than heavenly, and reminds me of the sort of scents I encounter on foil-wrapped incense: modern, immediate, attractive, and fun.  However, there is also a definite and appealing herb aroma, that lifts this somewhat. Plus touches of freshly scrubbed oily sandalwood. Nice. The sticks are 8 1/2 inches long with 7 inches of incense. They burn for around 45-55 minutes. 

On the burn the accent is much more on the herbs than on the perfume, so there is something of the feel of a more traditional Himalayan incense. While the perfume is weaving in and out, it is the burning herbs that are more apparent. It's a likeable scent, but not really my thing. I've never really been attracted to the rough, earthy Himalayan style incense. I'm here for the attractive smells, and also the interesting and playful ones. None of those qualities am I finding here.  

Since my previous review of an Eyes Of The Lord Buddha incense,  Royal Nepal, I have been informed that the company making these is called Lovely Incense, who have a shop in Kathmandu, and a reasonably active FaceBook page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: