Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Wednesday 27 September 2023

Koya's Wild Stone Premium Incense Sticks

 


In Sept 2021, the export manager of Koya's Incense got in touch to send me some samples. I'd not heard of the company, and was not expecting to find among the assortment of (quite decent) perfumed incense, some world class masala incense that I regard as the among the best or the very best incense I have burned.  

The perfumed incense is not world class, but it is solid stuff. The perfumed range appears to be split between black charcoal dipped perfume, and machine extruded perfumed, which is what this Wild Stone is. The sticks are 9 inch with the machine extruded brown paste covered approx 6 1/2 inches of the stick. The scent on the stick is perfumed. Quite modern and attractive. Rather like a car air freshener. It reminds me a little of the foil-wrapped incense that I'm quite fond of. Not Heavenly, but certainly Decent. 

When lit it burns in a steady way, releasing some black smoke until blown out when it produces a softly grey column of attractive smoke. It burns for approx 35-40 minutes. The scent is attractive though vague. It's fairly neutral, not coming out definitely in any direction. It is a little smoky, though, to be fair, this is not fresh, having been in my possession since 2021, and in my experience much perfumed incense tends to fade over time. There is an odd fish scent - not unpleasant, but it is an unusual scent to find on an incense. On the whole a pleasant enough incense, though not one that catches or holds my attention.   


Date: Sept 2023    Score:  28 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: