Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Saturday 24 August 2019

Pheonix Import (Mani Bhadra) Frankincense Resin




Frankincense resin from the Dutch distributors Pheonix Import (Mani Bhadra).  £4.40 for 60g from Just Aromatherapy. It comes in a tin with glass top so you can see the resin but it remains fresh. The tins are nice to keep.



I like this. It has a fresh sweet scent slightly flowery slightly citric slightly musty and slightly alcoholic. It is fairly smoky when burned on charcoal, and initially smells of mineral resin, then a church incense aroma kicks in. This is not a heavy scent - it is reasonably light and cleansing. It is less smoky, lighter, and more inclined toward hard mineral notes when burned on my electric burner. More inclined toward the citric with touches of vinegar and rubber. I prefer it burned on charcoal. It seems to need a high heat to bring out the best character.

Date: Aug 2019    Score: 35
***

Frankincense

2 comments:

  1. I have to say, your blog is compelling reading, I have learnt a lot from you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have learned a lot over the years as I have done the blog. It has been a learning experience for me. And I am still learning!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: