Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Thursday 3 February 2022

Nandita Floral Valley Natural Incense



A dreamy, sweet, flowery incense. I loved this straight from opening the pack (well, before that even, as the dreamy aroma was winking at me before I opened the pack!). It's a musky, woody, sweet, flowery scent. Lots of bright energy and joy. It makes itself felt, but softly, softly, softly and beautifully. Touches of vanilla. Oh yes. Glorious. This is really my sort of incense. Generous but gentle. Sweet, rich, deep, musky, flowery and woody. There's pretty much most things I like, and little that I don't like. 

It's a mildly moist fragrant charcoal paste hand-rolled on a plain bamboo splint, and finished with a thin coating of wood powder. It appears that there are pure essential oils in this - I'm not detecting any solvents - no sharp notes on the stick. It smells as sweet and oily as my essential oils. And what I really like is that it smells the same on the burn as it does on the stick, which doesn't happen that often.  Mostly I find the sticks smell great, but the burn reveals flaws, or simply doesn't live up to the promise of the stick. But this stick is honest. What you smell is what you get. I'm assuming that if you use quality ingredients and don't dilute them with "agarbatti oil" or some other impurities, that this is the sort of incense you will get. I don't think the trick to making good incense is that hard. It's making a decent income in the face of intense competition and not giving in to the temptation to decrease the quality ingredients that is hard. 

Available in the UK from ScentedAndMore: £1.50 for 15g; in India from Chakrayog for 100R; in the US from ExoticIncense for $2.00; and in Australia from SunDrops for $2.95


Date: Dec 2022   Score: 43

***


Nandita Fragrances of Mumbai


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: