Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Tuesday 1 February 2022

Prabhuji's Gifts Muladhara Chakra Root Energy Center Grounding & Serenity Sandalwood, Khus, Patchouli & Clove

 


A single stick sample from PadmaStore in Germany. Prabhuji's Gifts are a spiritual American based company who commission their incense from India. The sales of the incense are used to finance their mission to spread the teaching of their founder, the Chilean born mystic, Prabhuji

The stick I have is a crumbly, fragrant charcoal paste hand-rolled onto a machine cut bamboo splint, then rolled in a finishing wood powder. There is also some fragrant oil involved which has a modest solvent aroma. The scent on the stick is very good. There is a clean mineral edge. Some salt. Some sandalwood. It is a little sombre, but quite beguiling. It hasn't quite delighted me, but I am certainly interested in learning what it will reveal during the burn. 



The burn is modest and soft, though with some prickly edges. The packet lists sandalwood, khus grass, patchouli, and clove, and I don't doubt that these fragrances are present, though they are not - for me - particularly distinctive. I like the scent - it is gentle, relaxed, mostly sombre to neutral. It's not an uplifting scent, but a calming scent. Something for the evening perhaps. It is a warm, encouraging scent mostly in the woody range. And now some musk comes along. Not sweet and sexy, as I associate with patchouli, but a gentle, serious, mature sort of musk. There's a peppery spice. And mild wafts of vanilla. I like this. It's not dramatic or showy, but in a calm, confident, gentle way it creates its own mood which continually shifts  - when I think I have "got" the incense, so it changes again. I like that. It's not playful, but is sort of elusive in a mystic way. Yeah, the more I burn this the more I like it. I wasn't sure at first, but it has won me over. 

After finding an image of the sleeve, I note that the scents are sandalwood, khus, patchouli and clove. 

I have a few more Prabhuji's Gifts to sample, and I am looking forward to that, and to discovering a bit more about Prabhuji, the organisation that is spreading his mission, and perhaps looking into who makes the incense. 


Date: Jan 2022    Score:  35




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: