Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Saturday 5 February 2022

Ranga Rao Flute Sandal Dhoop Sticks


I like these thin dhoop sticks that you can carry with you, and which have a built in holder. I like the scent of all the Indian thin dry dhoop sticks I've encountered, and I love the useful concept of the built in holder. Neat. Attractive. Useful. 

Ranga Rao have a number of brands. The most famous is Cycle, and after Cycle comes Flute. I think all of the Flute incense I have previously encountered has been perfumed, this is the first dhoop I've had. A dhoop can be perfumed or it can be a dry, compressed masala paste. There is a slight solvent sharpness on the stick itself, though that doesn't come though in the burn. The scent is attractive, albeit modest, and while it is a soft woody aroma, it doesn't hold the full allure of a top quality sandalwood. 

This is a likeable little dhoop, and serves well as an everyday casual burn. Available from ScentedAndMore for £1.00, and throughout South East Asia for around 50p from Shopee. 



Date: Feb 2022  Score: 28

***
Ranga Rao (Flute)


Sandalwood


6 comments:

  1. I also tried this dhoop sticks from Cycle Brand and it is wonderful. It’s the same fragrance as cycle sandal dhoop sticks but with flute brand. Where you get that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have written to Ranga Rao to see if they will send me a selection of their incense that I can't get here in the UK. I tried ordering off their website, but they don't do international sales from that website.

      Delete
    2. Interestingly they do custom made incense. Anyone can, for a modest price, have their own box of masala incense made up with ingredients of their own choice.

      Custom Incense

      I really want to try that!

      Delete
    3. You actually have to go to india and order there.

      Delete
    4. I’m Indian living in Dubai, So I when I go to india I Order Custom Incense From Cycle Brand.

      Delete

Please leave a comment: